Sunday, March 8, 2009

Miwok Prep.

This head cold that I came down with the day before the ITI has sure taken it's time moving through my system. At least I don't have to deal with having any regrets about pulling out of the race. I have felt so crappy since last weekend that there is absolutely no way I could have continued on to finish the race. I finally was feeling good enough today to get out for a short ski, but up until that I have done nothing but rest for 6 days.

Looking ahead I'm hoping to be feeling 100% healthy by the middle of this week and begin my Miwok training by the end of the week. I still haven't really decided just what my focus will be in leading up to the Miwok. I need to run more downhills than I did in preparation for this race last year but I know I also need to mix a little more speed into my runs, as I pretty much haven't done anything fast since before The North Face race in early December. I should be able to get myself into better shape than I was for the Miwok last year when I was also focusing on trying to build biking base to prepare for the GDR. For most of this year it's going to be all about the running, with only bits of biking for fun mixed in. I just need to be careful not to burn myself out with too much running. Should be fun though... if I could just kick this damn illness.

No comments: